Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Criminal Minds SPOILER


Today we learned that AJ Cook will be back for one episode which was a great news until it was confirmed that Paget Brewset who play Emily Prentiss will be leaving Criminal Minds. This is a very sad news. Prentiss is a great character who is a professional, competent agent with a smart and snarky sense of humour.


This sad news make me fear for my favorite TV show.




I started watching Criminal Minds and still do, not because of the unsubs, the creepy stories, but first for SSA Aaron Hotchner played by Thomas Gibson and then for the team. The first episode I saw was S3 'About Face' and fell in love with CM. CM came at a time in my life where everything was bad. I had health issues and I was taking care of both my parents who were dying from cancer. CM was a great diversion. I join message boards, mailing lists, would do chats with the cast, crew and writers of Criminal Minds. I was lucky enough to go to L.A and visit the set for a whole day and got to meet everyone of the cast except for AJ Cook and Shemar Moore who had both prior engagements. I had a great time and will remember that day foreever! What more, CM brough me are some great friendship, people I get to visit once a year, people I chat with every night, people who have become great friends with ( yes, I'm talking about you, Laura, Lori, Kirst, Lea, Kris, Ann, Keren,Walburga, Suz).


I have become a big CM fan, I write about it in this blog and some other blogs, I write CM fanfiction, I love to twitter about it with other fans even if I don't always agree with others opinion, I still love to talk about it.


But these days all this is getting to be difficult to do. Why? Because CBS and the CM Producers have decided before the start of the season to thinker with CM. They decided to make some cast changes not for the benefit of CM but for its upcoming spin off ( Nina Tassler as admitted this at the recent TCA). As a result, we lost JJ ( played by AJ Cook), we gain a good actress in Rachel Nichols but the character she play, FBI cadet Ashley Seaver, is a ill conceived character. We lost some good writers ( not in season 6 but at the start of season 5) this affected the characters development, the team and the family sense that the BAU team had. Now CM has more episodes focusing on the unsubs so much so that the main cast just get shoved into the background. CM which was always a show about a team of profilers is now too often a one man show, that man being SSA Derek Morgan. A Morgan centric episode a year would be great, to know more about the characters is why I keep coming back despite CM violence and gore, These days we don't have those, we only have the same character being at the center of everything making fans of the other characters ( Hotch, Reid, Rossi, Prentiss) being frustrated week after week at how our favorite characters get ignored.


All this makes me fear for CM future. I hope the CM producers will read what fans have to say, I hope they will visit blogs, tv sites, twitter, read fans comments and make changes for S7 because if they don't, S7 will be my last and with what I have been reading it will be CM last season. That would be a shame for a show that was until S6, the best TV show on TV.

thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there. I didn't know where the hell to e-mail you. But I was viewing your conversation between your friends, BUT uhhh, THE CAST DOES FOLLOW RACHEL!

Thomas has responded to her
Matthew has responded to her at least 3 times
Kirsten tweets at her
Anna Fleiner hangs out with her
Joe has tweeted her as well.
Gia Mantegna also follows her
Dayne also follows her

Like really. Stalk their twitter pages and look at their followers.